Thursday, 11 September 2008

Powder versus fluid additives

Having to purchase marine aquarium additives can become very expensive, so which should you go. In my opinion i have come to the conclusion that Powder is the way to go! why?
It's cheaper and seems to make more impact. It just seems to me that with a fluidised additive you are paying for the service of RO mixed to the additives, yes it is easier to use, but is it worth the extra cost? I think not. I would think that the shelf life would be longer also although i can not prove this.

Do be careful also when purchasing these additive to the amount they raise for example my magnesium is low, so i went out and purchased a additive that raises this in fluid form.
Big mistake as it is really only raises it slightly. If this level was at a satisfactory level then this product would have been fine as i would be able to correct it slowly.

If i had red the instructions properly and had a better understanding this mistake would not have been made. The lesson i learnt was to properly read and understand the instructions.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I also use powder because it's cheaper. I am not sure what additive you are looking for exactly but you can find what's call "ph adjustment rock" you won't need additive anymore.
It work great and last for over 15 years.

I just love that!

Regards
Patrice from www.aquariumslife.com