Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Replacement T5's

This weekend my maintenance includes the replacement of my actinic T5's in my Arcadia luminaire. I have put this off for a little while, I know they should be replaced every six months but i ran over a little. Nearly forty pounds for two 24 watt Arcadia 420 tubes seemed really expensive but the expense of loosing invertebrates doesn't bear thinking about. I cant believe the impact these replacement tubes made, The difference in light colour and the impact on the live in the reef. The new life that has come out of the live rock, some of which i have not seen before and the existing inverts appear more colourful and open up more. If you have put replacement tubes off because of cost or whatever reason, the above reasons are more of a reason to replace.

No comments: